Monday, September 5, 2011

Interviews










Technical assessment done by Kevin Andrus (http://www.kandrus.blogspot.com/) a professional animator for Dreamworks After hearing my pitch and viewing my images he suggested I do as much prep work as possible before actually animating. Things such as thorough storyboards, animatics, and scratch tracks to time out sounds to eliminate guess work later. Because animation is so time consuming, he also recommended simplification wherever possible. Streamlining production and blocking out a work schedule will help in the long run. As a professional and as someone who was a student not too long ago, I take Kevin's advice very seriously. He has also supplied me with multiple online resources and 3D communities to gain inspiration from as well.

One that I find particularly helpful is the 11 second club website. It supplies rigs for eager animators to create short films of their own. A contest is held each month to decide a winner. The winning animation is then featured on the home page the following month, a great opportunity for work to be seen.

http://www.11secondclub.com/



For some perspective on my story I interviewed my harshest critic, my boyfriend. His advise was to simplify, omitting my use of props and background to focus on my characters. Keeping my story short and sweet is key with my time limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment