Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Demo Reel and Job Reviews

Demo Reels

I'm really impressed with Celia's demo reels but kind of confused as to why nearly all  of them are 3D. I especially liked the snail's face in the Phillipe Davin Reel. Mikey Sauls reel was amazing. His 3D was gorgeous, But the bad demo reels were almost more interesting than the good ones. Especially that naked chick one. Jeez.

Neville and Jesse chose reels that complimented his interest's very well. Jesse chose 2D and stopmotion and neville and all 2D. They seemed the most focused on their medium. I really love Kristen Lepore and her demo reel is outstanding.

Most of the Music in the reels Larry chose was really off putting and the 3D animation left much to be desired. I enjoyed the 2D reel by Richard Clark. His loops were really interesting. That one in particular made more sense considering the style he has suggested.

It's strange that I saw a huge amount of 3D character animation when nearly all of us are doing hand drawn or cut out animation.

Jobs

When looking at the jobs sections I feel like people aren't being realistic. Also, I don't think screenshots and videos count as job offers. Even writing some text or commenting would have seemed more legitimate. Internships are a smart idea for experience but some jobs listed seemed out of left field. 

No comments:

Post a Comment